A NEW CENTURY. On July 16, 1949, the first 100 years were celebrated throughout the Congregation. At the head of the Institute, something very new occurs; a German Claretian, Fr. Peter Schweiger is elected Superior General. The following year we see the canonization of our Fr. Founder and the inauguration of the great church in Rome dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the new General Curia (1952). Optimism grows. A great boost is given to the universality of the Congregation, symbolized by foundations in Japan, Canada, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Zaire and the first vocations in India. And the great theologians of Rome and Salamanca arise. It is the great time of the Second Vatican Council and the invitation to renewal. A stage that concludes with the publication of the second great Historia de la Congregación [History of the Congregation], by Fr. Cristóbal Fernández.